We do love our Instagram Hashtags at Dotti Media and we want you to love them too! Recently we ran 7 Days of Hashtag Savvy on Instagram which was a week of sharing some top Dotti Tips to really get your hashtag strategy going. They are designed to give you ideas about which hashtags to use so that you can build up your base and use more relevant hashtags.
In case you missed it, or you just wanted to go over some of the points again, we’ve shared them all here so you too can become a Dotti Insta-Ninja!!
If you suffer from hashtag nightmares, or maybe they just leave you plain confused then this is for you!
TIP 1: Connect with your Tribe.
* What would you call the tribe you want to connect with?
* Are they entrepreneurs, mumpreneurs, gypsies or…?
* Search by that hashtag on Instagram – are they your people?
* Add your tribe hashtag to the hashtags you use to connect with your peeps!
TIP 2: What’s your Jam?
* When it comes to hashtags you want to connect with people who are interested in what you do.
* Give your business a broad brushstroke in one work describe what you do…
* Going broad rather than super niche will help more people find you.
* Add your industry or jam hashtag to the hashtags you use on a regular basis!
TIP 3: Location, location, location.
* Where are you based?
* Location based hashtags can help you tap into a local market. Note: this may not be relevant to every type of business.
* If you travel – change up your hashtags to suit location or where you will be.
* Add your location hashtag to your regular hashtags and find your local customers!
TIP 4: Use More Hashtags.
* Did you know you can use up to 30 hashtags in a post?
* When you’re starting out you might just want to use 5-10.
* When you’re comfortable BE BOLD and use all 30!
DOTTI NINJA TIP: Save your hashtags in a Note on your phone so you don’t always have to remember them! Copy & Paste them into Instagram when you need them!
TIP 5: Keep it Together.
* Spaces are for between hashtags not within a hashtag!
* If you want to hashtag #byronbay it’s got to be all one word
* If you write it as #byron bay only the word Byron will be used as a hashtag.
Dotti Media. Saving the world one hashtag at a time.
TIP 6: Make it readable!
* We’ve all seen Instagram posts where you can barely read the comment for all the hashtags!
* If you want to use hashtags do your followers a favour and make it easy for them to read!
* We recommend adding your hashtags at the end of your comments or in a separate comment.
* If you share to Facebook, your fans will also thank you!
* So do us all a favour and make your comments readable!
TIP 7: Variations on a Theme.
* By now you should have a good idea of which hashtags to use, where to use them and how to write them.
* You might still be a few hashtags short so try up variations.
* Try adding in slightly different versions of the hashtags you have.
* You should also change them up for each post so you can add a few unique ones every time!
Dotti Media. Connecting the hashtag dots.
Get Your Free Instagram Cheat Sheet!
- Top tips that every Business on Instagram should know
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly Posting schedule
- 27 Instagram Content Ideas!